To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Adjust this part of the page according to your needs. Explain which cookies you usein plain, jargon-free language. In particular:
- their purpose and the reason why they are being used, (e.g. to remember users’ actions, to identify the user, for online behavioural advertising)
- if they are essential for the website or a given functionality to work or if they aim to enhance the performance of the website
- the types of cookies used (e.g. session or permanent, first or third-party)
- who controls/accesses the cookie-related information (website or third party)
- that the cookie will not be used for any purpose other than the one stated
- how consent can be withdrawn.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Vending at conventions, I meet a lot of interesting people with concerns about the work I do. Some believe me. Some don’t. But I never ask for their belief. I tell them about my experience and what I’ve been told as it’s handed down to me. My friends go unquestioned
Hotels are public places for travelers to use as needed, but humans forget they aren’t the only travelers. Every time I go to a hotel, I make a new friend. It’s as though the travel outside of my home brings me to the right place at the right moment to
Doug and I are swashbuckling adventurers who explore unknown lands and conquer all we cross. We don’t have swords, gold, or ships. I can’t grow a beard. Doug has a magnificent beard, but he only stands eight inches tall. At over six feet myself, we make quite the fearsome duo…
“Can’t everyone just get along?” I’m sure most of us remember movies, cartoons, and other media using that line from time to time, often as a joke to alleviate some struggle in the story. Today, a large portion of our population is fighting. There are disagreements all over the board.